Ah, childhood…when we lost our baby teeth and happily anticipated a visit from the Tooth Fairy! But if you are an adult who is missing one or more teeth, it is unlikely you are smiling.
Teeth can be lost by trauma or athletic injury or because of gum disease, infection or decay…the results of a lifetime of poor dental habits. Occasionally, teeth are absent at birth.
Dental implants are one solution to missing teeth. Implants have been around many years. But the dental implants of today aren’t your grandfather’s implants.
Dental implants are a perfect solution for:
- Missing teeth which may be affecting your personal relationships and the quality of your life.
- Old crowns or bridges that need to be replaced due to inflammation, pain or bad breath.
- Loose and slipping dentures which are embarrassing and make it difficult to eat and embarrassing to smile.
How do they work?
Your implant begins with a strong metal post made of titanium or other strong metal that doesn’t rust or bend and functions like the root of your tooth. The post is surgically positioned in your jawbone beneath the gum line. It bonds with the bone where the tooth is missing, and provides a sturdy support for your custom-made crown.
- An implant won’t come loose like dentures can and they don’t have to be anchored to other teeth like bridges.
- Implants don’t decay! They feel, look and function like real teeth. But you must take good care of them by flossing, brushing and visiting our office regularly.
We look forward to meeting you…schedule a consultation!
At your consultation, we will take x-rays, carefully examine your teeth and determine if you have healthy gums and adequate bone to support an implant. If your bone it too thin or soft, you may require a bone graft. You must also be in good, general health.
Let us provide you with a long-term solution, restore your self-confidence and put your worries about your missing teeth to rest.